I am an experienced IT professional. Originally educated as a physicist and mechanical engineer, my IT career has developed through: software development, development team management, consultancy and business analysis. I have experience in IT project management, bid support and technical sales.
In my time in the UAE have set up Facilities Management Systems and a Arabic Speaking Help Desk, been part of the project teams to procure and implement ERP systems in the Gulf States. My main responsibility was Head of IT Services and Support Services Manager for the Major Construction Group.
I am now a freelance IT consultant in the UK specialising in Business Analysis, Website design and Implementation
2009 - Now
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Khansaheb provides whole-life sustainable solutions for building and infrastructure projects from initial business case, through design, procurement and delivery into on-going aftercare - creating, constructing and maintaining physical assets that underpin the fabric of society.
Khansaheb have been operating in the UAE for over 75 years and have constructed a number of the landmark buildings in the UAE.
In 1981 Khansaheb entered into partnership with what is now Interserve PLC, a leading UK based company that provides a range of construction related services, across public and private sectors of the UK and internationally
Group IT and Support Services Manager.
- Manager of Group IT Services
- Responsible for the HR services for 1,000 staff and 4,000 operatives
- Manager of Support Services within the Khansaheb Group of companies.
- Providing the Client Role for the FM service to the Head office and Operative accommodation.
2012 - 2014
Group Head of IT Services.
2011 - Now
- Head of IT, Managing the IT Services and Support Team
- Business Analysis and Consultancy for the procurement and implementation of ERP systems.
- Responsible for the IT aspects of developing a Facilities Management business in the GCC.
- Implementing Maximo Asset Management and FM systems on various commissions in the UAE, Qatar and Oman
- Tatweer. - Responsible for the IT aspects of developing a Facilities Management business in the GCC including setting up of an Arab speaking reactive maintenance service desk.
2009 - 2011
2007 - Now
Interserve Support Services
London, United Kingdom
Interserve is one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies. It is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index with gross revenue of GBP2.3 billion and a workforce of over 50,000 people worldwide.
Head of IT Service Development, Business Solutions Manager
Support to Business Development Team on major Facilities Management bids providing high level IT solution designs and sales presentations at board level.